Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Welcome Preps & Thoughts about You!

Last Sunday we went to shop for a few more things for you and later at night Aanya began talking to you - through the belly of course! She said, "Mr.Baby, we are all set! We have bought everything for you, so tell me when are you going to come Mr.Baby?" I just laughed so hard. The Mr./Mrs. part is quite a cute little confused way to address you because we don't know the gender yet. So Aanya keeps addressing you with whatever she thinks of you at the moment. 

Okay, back to our preparations & thoughts about you... 

Our preparations are in full swing. We've managed to purchase almost everything we would need once you arrive. Aanya still keeps reminding me of diapers, wet wipes & baby cream. I tell her we'll get these right before your arrival. 

We've bought very cute Onesies, tiny Pyjamas, Caps & Mittens , Nappies etc from FirstCry.com. Actually there are a few brands like Mee Mee, BabyHugz, Carter etc which had the cutest stuff. And I just hogged it all. I want your outfits to be super cute, super soft and in the most adorable colors & prints. I hope you'll look back one day and be happy to see it all.

Apart from clothes, there's a lot that I wanted to create for you. So I have made a few diaper changing mats, bibs, mattress cover, wash cloths, baby wrap & storage baskets. A few nursery decor items like Nursery Mobile, Baby Wall Art are also underway & I hope to hang it all right before your arrival. I hope it will just make everything cute & totally baby-ish!

There isn't much stuff to pass on from Aanya's time, mainly because it was the peak of winter season. So most stuff was given away. But I certainly have a few little things that could be used for you. Isn't that special sweetheart?

I have also planned to create a beautiful space which will serve both as diaper changing place and a tiny little nursery decor. Not sure about your cot, but if we do manage to get it here (in Bangalore), I will certainly place it around this space.

None of this will seem special until you are old enough to understand. But I just don't want to miss out on any detail, definitely not this time. I hope it will be all magical & special when you arrive - so you can look back and feel special about it.

We still don't know the gender (awful & shameful trend that still continues to linger in the rural & urban India - No matter how advanced technology gets, it fails right here in this country at the alter of some very shameful acts in the name of traditions / culture!). So the preparations have been done in a gender neutral way. But that really doesn't matter to us. And definitely not to me. I was super thrilled at having a baby girl when the doctor told me about Aanya in the operation theater. I certainly have a bit of fear about boys, but am sure the wildness of a child depends solely on his or her upbringing. So whether its a baby boy or a baby girl, we'll be equally thrilled! 

Off late, I'd say January onward, Aanya has been talking to you through the beautiful growing belly bulge she sees. So she has been really instrumental in making your presence felt even before you arrive. She talks to you, pretends to take you in her arms, asks you a million questions, is bothered about the food that I eat (and eventually going to you!), is always telling me about her plans when you come, is eager to play with you and says that she will only love her baby and no one else!!! Well, you already have a die hard fan and she loves you so much. This has just swelled our hearts with so much love for both of you and I can't wait to see how she will act/react when you're already around her. She wants to feed you food, take you to her school and talk to you (she loves talking and it will be such a delight to see her talk to you... you sure have a great company sweety!)

While we talk about you to Aanya, its her animated conversation with you that just makes everything so real and so happy. Am so glad that she is so prepared and ready to love you & take care of you. That makes 50% of our job easy already.

In the anomaly scan (January 2015), we did catch a glimpse of your tiny feet, hands, head, front & back, but the sweetest of all was your beautiful face! Although not clear enough to indicate features, but I vividly remember your big & curious eyes (just like your sister's). I wanted to immediately take you out and hold you, but patience is a virtue right? So I am just guessing that you will have the same bright, big & very curious eyes like your sister. We can't wait to kiss & photograph your tiny feet, hands & all those tiny details that will enthrall us for many years to come.

We're still figuring out names for you. I have been scratching my head over boy & girl names starting with Z & V. I would love to name you with the letter Z. Aanya has her own sweet little names for you - My Sweet Sunshine, Sunshine, My little Sweetheart & many such long but adorable names! Papa has of course been adamant on 'Rishabh' if its a boy. (He thinks its a very CEO kind of name!). I suggested Vedaant, Viaan, Vivaan. He liked Vedaant. But am still unsure. We just wish to think of a name that's close to our heart, just like the name Aanya! So am sure whatever we choose, it will be something close to our hearts and an adorable name!


Love you little cupcake ... can't wait to meet you and take you in our arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment