Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baby is Coming?

Hmm... the tougher part was done easier than I could have thought - being first time lucky in trying to conceive! Okay... 
And... I wasn't aware of my success rate until I began vomiting. I truly felt like some waterfall began gushing out of my mouth...it just wouldn't stop. At first I thought it was some gastro-infection & had no idea of being the lucky winner of morning sickness! Hello pregnancy, howdy?
So after draining myself out with those incessant bouts of vomiting & later missing on period, I dragged myself to the doctor.
Of course, to say the least, first appointment with the doctor was kind of a shock for me (for those who'd know this). But in the end, it was all fine. I returned back home with loads of vitamin tabs (folic acid, iron, calcium etc) & a confirmed thought that I was indeed expecting. 
I could just not feel like a mother. And I wondered why? Apart from being tired of morning sickness, tiredness & lack of that mommy feeling, I had apprehensions at times.

I used to wonder if I would ever be able to step out once the baby is here. If I would ever be able to carry out my creative pursuits (painting, writing & more) once am completely in-charge of the little one. Hubby & I were living in Pune at that time, so I used to get ample of free & lonely time to worry unnecessarily. I guess the morning sickness just made it all so uneasy. Not sure if this apprehensive thought is universal for other first time Mommies too.
Well, apart from these unreasonable thoughts, one thought surprised me every single day - 'What? A Baby is coming?'
That's first time motherhood I guess... it doesn't sink till it really happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment