Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The First, the Second & Third

If you're getting bored reading this blog without any pictures so far, I just have to say that the morning sickness bug bit me too hard to be able to click any pictures during my first Trimester. Cooking had become torturous as any kind of strong smell would get me rushing back to vomit. Onions specially had some weird effect. My hubby loves onion & every Indian recipe requires an onion! So just the thought or mention of it would get me going. Oh yes, one fine day I had eight consecutive bouts of vomits. I kind of broke records with that. And broke my body strength too! 
I just have to say that all this while my hubby was extremely caring & supportive. He cared for me like a mother and ensured I remained happy & peaceful even with that uninterrupted lava flowing out of me like a super active volcano! I still wonder how he treated me like a baby all through those months. I did thank him & still do so every time I wonder about those days. But all's well that ends well, right?
Hmm... so end of first three months made me slightly happy. The nausea bouts had decreased, I began feeling better. My mom visited us to take care of me. It was going good. 


The fourth month checkup was a real delight & a surprise. We visited the clinic with my Hubby & Mom. The long waiting time got me hungry & slightly giddy. So my hubby went out to get a chocolate bar for me. Just as he left, within five minutes the doctor called me for sonography. My Mom waited outside just in case hubby returns & then they both would come in. However, when I went inside, the doctor began moving that machine & showed me the first glimpse of our tiny cupcake. And this was the most delightful sight ever - this little babe was sucking her thumb! Even the doctor was surprised & said to me that perhaps I don't eat well and so the babe is hungrily sucking on her thumb.
And all this happened too quickly. Neither my Hubby & Mom could enter in time, nor the scene captured by the doctor. I had no idea about insisting on a picture from that session & we returned back with just a delightful memory of what out tiny babe looks like - and of course, we still did not know whether its a girl or boy! Surprises are good indeed.
All this joy lasted a few weeks until me & hubby visited one of our friends. We were going somewhere in his car & thanks to his rough driving, I ended up having constant nausea again! My mother had just left on a happy note & here I was - back to square one.

Days later, when the second trimester was about to end, I finally began eating like a normal person. And just when the third trimester began, we decided to get the delivery done in Delhi. So we both left for Delhi & began staying with my in laws. After a few days Hubby left to join office back in Pune and I stayed back. 
All this while I had no cravings whatsoever. I remember, only once in Pune I really craved for Sambhar Vada (A South Indian dish). Apart from that I never had any cravings, which was kind of weird as that's one strong symptom of preganancy, isn't it?
Okay, never mind. I still gorged on various foods before we headed to the hospital. And here's one of the few pictures which I managed to capture before the baby made appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment